Frequent traveler programs for hotels can save you money and enhance your hotel stay experience. Hotels consider frequent customers as profit drivers, so they often offer traditional extras like expedited check out and upgrades for guests enrolled in their frequent guest programs. In addition, unique and custom rewards are gaining popularity.
When you compare hotel frequent guest programs, keep the following in mind:
- Travel Location. Some hotel chains serve only certain regions while others have hotels nationwide and across the world. Join a frequent guest program that has hotel options in areas were you travel most often.
- Frequency. If you travel a lot, you will want to choose a hotel frequent guest program that offers an elite or super elite status to its best customers. If you are not exactly a road warrior, look for frequent guest programs that still offer perks for the infrequent traveler.
- Rewards. Consider how you want to spend your points when choosing a hotel frequent guest program. Some frequent traveler hotel services include a free night’s stay and room upgrades while other hotels allow guests to purchase expensive electronics, romantic dinners or concert tickets with frequent guest program points.
Join hotel frequent stay programs onlineWhen joining frequent stay programs on the web, consider enrolling in programs where you can spend points at a family of hotels.
Check out frequent traveler programs for hotels with several partnersFrequent traveler programs for hotels often have airline, retail, entertainment and rental car partners, allowing members to use points for more than just hotel services.
Track all your hotel frequent guest program points in one placeIt can be cumbersome to manage points if you are a member of more than one hotel frequent guest program. Keep tabs on reward points with software or a web-based tracking system.
- Periodically review your hotel frequent guest program reward expiration dates to be sure you don't lose precious points.
- Consider using a hotel frequent guest program affinity credit card for both hotel stay and everyday purchases to rack up and manage reward points.
- Don't spread your memberships in frequent guest programs too thin. The more you use one frequent guest program, the faster you will earn elite status and better rewards.