Double sided tape is a special kind of tape with adhesive on both sides. Double sided tape works for a variety of purposes. A few uses include scapbooking, hanging posters or securing carpet.
Manufactures classify tape in two ways: either by how you use it or by qualities of the tape itself. Double sided tape has different qualities and characteristics, which include:
1. The type of adhesive: acrylic, rubber, or silicon (each results in a different level of adhesion and temperature affects each differently);
2. The type of material for the tape: acrylic, cloth, film, foam and paper are just a few examples;
3. The thickness of the double sided tape;
4. The temperature range the tape can withstand and still remain sticky;
5. The color of the tape;
6. And the width.
Buy double sided tape for office useMount photos on a display board for a presentation with clear double sided tape. Use the tape to affix items to the pages of a scrapbook, photo album or report. Choose acid-free, double sided tape to protect photos and documents from harmful chemicals.
Hang posters with double sided foam tape or mounting tapeDouble side foam tape comes in a thicker consistency than double sided tape for office use. Permanently mount posters using mounting tape or squares, which hold large pieces of sturdy poster paper better than double sided office tape.
Use double sided masking tape for industrial applicationsRepair golf club grips, splice rolls of printing paper together or affix laminates with double sided masking tape. Use a special double sided masking tape to mask circuit boards during soldering.
Use industrial double sided tape for splicing and mountingMount plastic and wooden trims, heavy decorative materials, displays, transparent signs and light-weight parts with double sided industrial tape. Splice plastic, metal foils, paper and card-boards together.
Fix and install carpet or fabric with double sided carpet tape and cloth tapeInstall a carpet or affix an area rug in place with double sided carpet tape made of cloth. Repair the hem of a drapery or secure a fabric table covering in place.
- Tape vendors sell both removable and permanent double sided tape. Ask your tape vendor for the removable kind if you plan to remove it later.