Floor scales are indispensable tools for the companies and homes that use them. Printing companies, warehouses, distributors, even veterinarians all need commercial floor scales and many homes use electronic and bathroom floor scales for fitness and weight loss purposes. This means there is a wide market for the floor scale, making it a good business opportunity. If you are considering selling floor scales or expanding into the market, you have several things to consider:
- Are you going to sell new or used floor scales?
- What industries are you going to target when selling industrial floor scales, or are you going to try to sell residential digital floor scales?
- Can you sell both types of floor scales?
Try to find floor scales for sale from a wholesalerIf you want to sell floor scales, whether for commercial or residential purposes, try to buy from a wholesaler so that you can buy low and sell at a good profit margin. If possible, try to find one close to you to avoid large shipping costs.
Consider buying floor scales from resellersResellers and distributors are another good place to buy inventory. Many times a reseller or distributor can offer better service, more consistent product and a better guarantee, though oftentimes their products cost more.
Make sure you can recommend a good floor scale technicianIf you plan to sell floor scales, have a good relationship with your floor scale service technician. Your customers will appreciate that you can recommend a quality repair shop and your technician can serve as an excellent source of referrals.
- Homes need more scales than just a bathroom floor model; they also can use scales for the workroom and kitchen. Because of this, there is a good business in catering to the entire home.
- Conversely, when selling an industrial floor scale, it may make sense to concentrate on a fewer number of industries or weight ranges so that you can effectively meet your customers' needs.
- Be careful selling a used floor scale; they may not be reliable. Try to find used floor scales that offer a warranty or you might end up covering the costs of repairs.