A gas compressor works similarly to liquid pumps; but while liquids do not easily compress, gas compressors can reduce the volume of gases. There is such a thing as a gas air compressor; as in, a compressor that runs on gas. However, this guide concerns devices that pressurize gas in industrial systems.
Gas compressors help achieve the best conditions for chemical reactions to occur, and they help regulate pressure levels in various systems and equipment. The Gas Jack compressor even helps gas and oil rigs reduce pressure in their tubing and continue pumping gas and oil when it would otherwise be impossible. There are four main types of gas compressors:
1. Reciprocating gas compressors operate by either piston or diaphragm. They tend to be low maintenance.
2. Blower or fan gas compressors include impellers that turn at very high speeds.
3. Rotary screw gas compressors are low vibration and durable. They provide reliable, continuous service.
4. Ejector gas compressors have no internal moving parts. They employ a funnel to induce kinetic energy, similar to the way a funnel operates in a centrifugal water pump.
Buy from appropriate gas compressor manufacturers and gas compressor suppliersIf you are on the hunt for quality gas compressor equipment, you should check with multiple gas compression companies to see the full range of equipment available. Find the company that best suits your type of application.
Find a natural gas compressor to fit your applicationNatural gas compressors function in the fueling of a huge range of vehicles, from taxi cabs to forklifts, and almost form a market all their own. They also play a part in natural gas well operations. There are many suppliers of this type of gas compressor.
Get service for your gas compressor, and it will continue to service youDepending on the type of gas compressor you're running, there are a range of maintenance and service needs. You'll want to find quality parts and service for your compressor to keep your machines functioning smoothly.
- If you are looking for an efficient, quiet solution for a low volume application, try out a scroll gas compressor. They pump or compress both liquids and gases.