With their ability to produce force with highly pressurized fluid, hydraulic cylinders provide the muscle behind numerous types of heavy equipment, such as excavators. Hydraulic cylinders are also found often in key pieces of machinery, such as motors.
Before you search for good hydraulic cylinders for sale, determine which type you need. For instance, a double-acting hydraulic cylinder moves in both opposite directions, while high-pressure hydraulic cylinders are lighter, smaller cylinders that operate with shorter strokes for longer durability. Hydraulic rams use special hydraulic pistons for larger output, while telescopic hydraulic cylinders use less space but are designed to perform longer strokes for larger limits of motion.
To enjoy high productivity and long life from these essential components, make sure to:
- Find hydraulic cylinder manufacturers that offer a wide range of hydraulic cylinder types for varying types of equipment.
- Get quality hydraulic cylinder parts to have on hand in case an emergency crops up.
- Locate a quality provider of hydraulic cylinder repair tools.
Find quality hydraulic cylinder manufacturers and distributorsYou can browse and order quality hydraulic cylinders from reputable manufacturers online. Hydraulic cylinder prices are competitive among these online hydraulic cylinder distributors.
Get good hydraulic cylinder partsBuy control valves, pumps, hydraulic pistons, crushers and more so you can keep spare parts on hand.
Find quality hydraulic cylinder repair toolsHydraulic cylinder repair can be rather involved, but luckily there are companies that specialize in selling specialized hydraulic cylinder repair tools.
- Bent rods are probably the most common repair item for hydraulic cylinders. To make sure your hydraulic cylinder rods are straight, use a dial gauge to measure the run-out when you place the cylinder on rollers. Though the goal is to get it perfectly straight, a run-out of .5 milliliters is still okay.
- A cheap hydraulic cylinder doesn't necessarily mean it's low quality. The industry is very competitive, as hydraulic cylinders are found in virtually any complex piece of machinery. And selling online is also a money-saver for companies, which works out good in the end for you as well.