The use of magnetic bearings is spreading throughout industry. Using an electromagnet to create non-contacting, friction-free motion, magnetic bearings provide practically maintenance-free performance without the need for lubrication. If your company develops high-precision motors and other rotary operating equipment and machinery, investigate using a magnetic bearing in the assembly.
Magnetic bearing companies create two different bearing types: active and passive. Active models have a specialized control and require software to guide the position of the rotor by varying the current in the electromagnets. Passive magnetic bearings have permanent magnets and don't need controls or software guidance. When you're ready to look into magnetic bearings for your company, keep these things in mind:
1. Magnetic bearings come in three configurations: radial, axial and conical.
2. Based on your firm's needs, customized magnetic bearings can be manufactured.
3. Some magnetic bearing firms work with specific industries.
Buy magnetic bearings from reputable magnetic bearings suppliersMany leading magnetic bearing companies have full-service websites. You can find catalogs and specifications and even buy magnetic bearings online. This allows your business to compare magnetic bearing prices to determine the best deals.
Find magnetic bearings manufacturers to produce your custom productMagnetic bearing technology is constantly being refined, especially active models. Adjustments and refinements to the controls and software as well as customized designs allow magnetic bearings manufacturers to create bearings for specialized needs. Ask for a fast prototype to assure your firm's satisfaction before placing the order.
Contact magnetic bearings distributors with specialized experienceMany of the sophisticated motors and machinery of the biomedical, defense and aerospace sectors use magnetic bearings. Look for a magnetic bearings manufacturer with experience in those fields to make your firm's bearings. If you're considering a major investment or large order, consider contacting one of the supplier's current customers for feedback.
- If your company is in the market for active magnetic bearings, remember that they require a computer connection and software. It might be best to find a supplier who carries the entire system.
- While you can expect your active magnetic bearings to operate for 15 to 20 years, expect the computer control system to last about 5 years because it's electrical.
- The non-contact feature of magnetic bearings makes them a very beneficial application to embedded medical devices such as heart pumps.