Whether you'll be using hand-held hydraulic or pneumatic shears or a low-precision grinder or a high-precision cutter, chances are you'll eventually need to seek out metal-cutting machine distributors. At some point in the manufacturing process, most metal items require cutting.
Hundreds of metal-cutting machine distributors supply laser metal-cutting machines, CNC machines and other metal-cutting equipment to industries across the country. Some of these distributors also manufacture metal-cutting machines and offer to service them. When checking out distributors for metal-cutting machines, keep a number of things in mind.
1. Look for distributors that offer many brands and types of metal-cutting machines. They're likely to know a breadth of information about the available options.
2. Check out machine distributors that also manufacture metal-cutting machines. They'll have a depth of knowledge about their products inside and out.
3. Find distributors who sell used metal-cutting machines. Buying a product used can save your business money.
Find a metal-cutting machine distributor offering multiple brandsSome distributors deal with a wide variety of manufacturers and models, so if you're looking for CNC machine distributors, for example, you might find one that also distributes a laser metal-cutting machine and other cutting equipment. Usually their salespeople can help you figure out what you need if you don't already know.
Look for a metal-cutting machine distributor that manufactures machinesA machine distributor who manufactures the cutting machine they distribute will know the machine very well. Consumers require quality assurance from manufacturers or the brand won't survive. Usually, a manufacturer that's also a distributor will send technicians to your place of business if a cutting machine needs service.
Consider buying used metal-cutting equipmentAs long as it's in good condition, you can't go wrong buying a used metal-cutting machine if you want to save a little money. Just make sure it's under warranty and has complete service records.
- Go to trade shows where metal-cutting machine distributors will showcase their products. Gather brochures and business cards to make connections with distributors.
- If you belong to a professional association, ask other members to recommend metal-cutting machine distributors they've used.