Metal spinning (also called spin forming or spinning) is a metalworking process to produce axially symmetric components. Metal spinning equipment has a tool pressed against a sheet metal component spinning at high speed. The metal spinning tool, also called a spoon, can be handheld or machine mounted. Aluminum, steel, copper, brass and bronze are the metals and alloys that you can form using metal spinning equipment.
Mostly, metal spun products are components in decorative applications. Architectural objects, specialty lighting, decorative household goods and urns are typical examples of non-industrial metal spun products. Some industrial metal spun products are rocket nose cones, gas cylinders, instrument bells and automotive components. Different industries that use metal spinning equipment or products are aerospace, automotive, agriculture, pharmaceuticals and the dairy industry.
Some important parameters you must consider while evaluating your metal spinning requirements are:
- Material of the component
- Dimensional requirements
- Power consumption of the metal spinning equipment
- Operating temperature
Buy metal spinning machines from a reputable metal spinning manufacturerOnce you understand your metal spinning requirements, evaluate industrial metal spinning equipment available in the market.
Evaluate metal spinning services provided by metal spinning companiesIf your metal spinning requirements are not permanent, check out metal spinning services provided by reputable companies.
Opt for specialty or custom metal spinning servicesFor non-standard metal spinning requirements, opt for metal spinning companies that have an expert team and a broad array of metal spinning equipment.
- Install proper controls and safety features for your metal spinning equipment to avoid accidents.
- Register with reputable associations of metal spinning equipment manufacturers to keep yourself informed about the updates in metal spinning technology.
- Check out testimonials by previous customers to know about the quality of work offered by the metal spinning services provider.