Non-destructive testing machines and methodologies have transformed over the years into critical tools and processes used in production. With several different testing methodologies available, NDT technicians, inspectors and auditors must go after the training necessary to work with non-destructive testing equipment.
Fortunately, there’s numerous certification, education and training programs that focus on non-destructive testing equipment education and training to meet the growing demand for nondestructive testing and evaluation. Keep the following resources in mind when looking for training and educational opportunities:
1. Consultant or training companies that have educational programs for those working with various NDT methods and NDT equipment.
2. Trade associations offering training for those working with non-destructive testing machines and non-destructive testing supplies.
3. Trade shows/conferences showcasing the newest NDT testing equipment and technologies.
4. Schools for individuals working with NDT equipment.
5. NDT equipment providers that offer training.
Grow more proficient on NDT equipment using consulting, training and examination servicesLook for consulting and training companies that follow certification guidelines for SNT-TC-1A, ASNT CP-189, ACCP and NAS 410, among others. Expect most training to occur in a classroom or onsite, so students can work with non-destructive test equipment.
Find trade association training and education for those working with NDT equipmentThrough relevant professional trade organizations, those who work for NDT equipment companies or companies that perform nondestructive testing can benefit from reputable training seminars and programs.
Sign up for tradeshows that feature non-destructive testing equipment companiesLearn more about the latest technologies, equipment and supplies from non-destructive testing equipment providers and manufacturers by visiting trades shows, symposiums, conferences and other venues.
Enhance your NDT equipment training with a formal educationAs another option for training, look at schools, colleges and even universities that offer courses or programs in testing methods and other aspects of nondestructive testing. Look into programs geared to individuals that work with ndt test equipment and non destructive testing machines either from a repair or testing specialty.
Welder Training & Testing Institute offers training in visual testing, liquid penetrant testing, magnetic particle testing and ultrasonic testing for NDT Inspector training. In addition to classroom and onsite training programs, the NDT Training & Placement Center offers online, certifiable NDT training courses in eddy current, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, radiographic film interpretation and ultrasonic inspection.
Locate NDT equipment companies that offer trainingMany NDT equipment providers and manufacturers offer training on different testing methodologies and the equipment used for testing.
- There are certain prerequisites for NDT equipment certification that include passing a number of training courses, proof of a certain level of experience, hearing and eye exams in addition to other requirements defined by individual employers.