You can use corrugated plastic sheets in a variety of ways. The most common application is in graphic arts, signs and packaging. Corrugated plastic sheets are also used as photographic lighting reflectors, small to large-sized greenhouse panels, light diffusers for cold boxes, and shades for delicate plants and aquatics.
You can use polyolefin sheets to make everything from garbage bags, outdoor gyms, margarine tubs to drip systems for irrigation. Depending on the density of the product, plastic sheeting is manufactured into everything from heavy duty shopping bags to auto body parts.
Thermoplastic sheets are made of thermoplastic elastomers you heat until soft or liquid and mold into shapes. Since this form of plastic sheeting is melted and reused, these elastomers are more environmentally friendly than their predecessors, polymers. Because they are molded into shapes, they have an infinite number of applications. Acrylic glass is one application. Here is an overview of the three compounds of plastic sheets.
1. Corrugated plastic sheets are most often used in graphic arts, signs, and packaging applications.
2. Polyolefin sheets are used to make a wide range of products.
3. Thermoplastic sheets are melted and reused, making them a good environmental choice.
Decide what plastic product is best for youIt is confusing to know which product you need. The Society of the Plastics Industry has a website that explains the different classifications of plastic and their applications. Before seeking bids for products, learn the language and understand the manufacturing process.
Find sources for corrugated plastic sheets for saleCorrugated plastic sheets can be modified by color and can be made with flame resistant materials. There are several large manufacturers of this recyclable, environmentally friendly product.
Find ready-made or custom polyolefin productsPurchase polyolefin products either ready-made or to suit your specifications.
Locate custom or ready-made thermoplastic sheet manufacturersThere are a number of thermoplastic sheet manufacturers in the elastomer field who either produce ready-made products or also create a product built to your specifications.
- Order products through distributors or online. Know your specifications and provide them to your source for quotes that are comparable from one manufacturer to the other.
- The environment is always a concern with mass-produced products. There are products where a one-time use is appropriate. But when choosing between products, try to choose one that can be recycled or is biodegradable.
- With larger manufactured products, take chemical resistance and fire retardancy into consideration. Ask distributors about their ratings according to US standards.