Plastics are used to make millions of everyday products. Because of this, many companies depend on plastics manufacturers to provide the plastic products and services necessary to make or market their wares. Thanks to the Internet, finding plastics companies has never been easier.
Plastics companies may provide raw materials or finished plastic products. Many offer specialized products and services, such as injection molded plastics and plastics extrusion. To find the plastic products and processes you need, consider the following:
1. Determine the type of plastic products you need.
2. Use online resources to find plastics materials, suppliers and services.
3. Choose vendors who offer design assistance for your plastic products.
4. Look for plastics companies that offer molding services, including injection molded plastics.
5. Select vendors who provide plastics extrusion services.
Determine the type of plastic products you needSome of the most popular plastic products used today include polyproylene (food containers), polystyrene (disposable cutlery, CD cases), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (computer equipment cases), polyethylene terephthalate (or PET, commonly used for beverage bottles), polyester (textiles), polyamides (nylons), polyvinyl chloride (PVC pipes), polyurethanes (insulation foams), polycarbonate (CDs, eyeglasses), polyvinylidene chloride (Saran) and polyethylene (grocery bags).
plastics distributors and plastics manufacturers offering a wide variety of plastic products at Business.com.
Use online resources for plastics materials, suppliers and servicesThe Internet allows you to source plastic products and find plastics manufacturers worldwide.
Plastics molding servicesPlastics molding is a category that includes many processes, such as injection molded plastics, blow-molding and dip molding.
molded plastic directory for a variety of molding services and equipment.
Plastics extrusion servicesPlastics extrusion is a process by which small beads of thermoplastic materials (often called resin) are fed into a long rotating screw inside a heated barrel where the resin is melted into molten plastic and then passed into a die where it takes its final shape.
Look for plastics companies that offer product design assistanceSome plastics manufacturers will help design your product based on a simple rendering.
- Explore the realm of plastics products, colors and finishes before settling on plastics manufacturers.
- To get accurate bids from plastics companies, send them detailed 3D CAD designs.
- Quantities and size will impact your final cost. Look for plastics manufacturers that specialize in the quantities you need.