Pressure gauges are important devices used in many applications. Some of the common applications of a sophisticated pressure gauge are to measure liquid or gas pressure in many industries such as the chemical, beverages, oil and gas, medical, power and other industries. In addition, there are simple pressure gauges such as tire pressure gauges and fuel pressure gauges generally used for normal applications in homes and small commercial shops.
Pressure gauges minimize accidents in an industrial environment and save costs by preventing production downtime. Pressure gauges come in different types based on their ability to measure a particular range of pressures. These are positive pressure gauges, vacuum pressure gauges, compound pressure gauges and differential pressure gauges. You can select one of these pressure gauges depending on your requirements.
Before selecting a pressure gauge, you must know the following things:
- Range of pressure you want to measure
- Environmental considerations such as temperature, humidity and other conditions which can affect the performance of your pressure gauge
- Level of accuracy required
Figure out important parameters related to pressure gaugesThe first step in selecting a pressure gauge is to understand its different technical properties. Some of the important parameters to know before selecting a pressure gauge are process media, pressure range, material, environment and mounting requirements.
Buy pressure gauges from reputable manufacturersOnce you have identified your requirements, look around before you buy; pressure gauge manufacturers have many models available in the market. Select pressure gauge manufacturers that have a good range of products.
Consider leasing pressure gauges to save costIf you require a pressure gauge for short-term duration or have budgetary constraints, renting rather than purchasing may be a better option.
- Perform regular calibration and testing of the pressure gauge to maintain its optimal performance.
- Consult an expert for testing your pressure gauges.
- Choose suitable mounting accessories for your pressure gauge according to your requirements.