Pressure sensors can measure force from a variety of substances. Pressure is most often measured in two forms: static and dynamic. Static pressure refers to a pressure measurement of a non-moving substance, while dynamic pressure refers to moving substances such as water or types of gases. Pressure sensing measurements are put out in analog form, but can be converted to digital.
Pressure sensors can be used to detect speed, altitude, the flow of water or gas--even the presence of human beings in a space. It's no wonder they are used for a variety of applications: security pressure sensors for the home or office, underwater pressure sensor for scuba diving, tire pressure sensors and speed pressure sensors for automobiles, industrial pressure measuring to keep equipment operating safely--and the list goes on. Pressure sensors are also called "pressure transducers" and "pressure transmitters."
Follow these steps when buying pressure sensors:
- Determine the application for your pressure sensor and research types.
- Find reputable manufacturers and distributors of pressure sensors.
- Ensure you have a source of good pressure sensor repair from either your distributor or another company.
Determine the pressure sensor type right for your needsSecurity pressure sensors, tire pressure sensors, speed pressure sensors--there are numerous types of pressure sensors to meet your needs for accurate measurement of force. The trick is finding these specific types online. But thanks to the foresight of numerous retailers and manufacturers, finding the pressure sensor you need is very easy indeed.
Find pressure sensor manufacturers and distributors that carry the pressure sensor type you needIt's possible to buy all different kinds of pressure sensors from reputable manufacturers online. A wide variety of manufacturers sell numerous pressure sensor types for your convenience.
Locate a company to perform your pressure sensor repairWhen something goes wrong with your pressure sensors, make sure they are fixed by an experienced, reputable repair company. It's important to make sure your pressure sensors are operating properly, and repair companies that can measure details such as a pressure sensors' stress concentration will help you keep your equipment running properly.
- Pressure sensors can last a long time if they're cared for properly. There are a number of things you can do to ensure your sensors keep serving your needs well. First off, do not operate the sensor over its temperature range, expose it to radiant heat, or manipulate the sensing areas.
- When determining the condition of your pressure sensors, stress concentration is important. If stress concentration falls uneven, it could indicate a hole or crack in the pressure sensor, which must be corrected.