A rotary screw air compressor is capable of generating up to 1500 cubic feet of air per minute. It’s common to see screw air compressors in use in factory settings as well as on job sites.
Screw compressor price is dependent on the size of the model. The size of the model affects the amount of air or gas that the industrial screw compressor puts out per minute. Screw compressor prices are also dependent on the amount of competition among screw compressor suppliers. So as you buy a screw compressor, not only look at information on screw compressors, but also look for a screw compressor manufacturer who provides the best price.
As you look for screw compressors for your business, look at the kind of job you want your screw compressors to do. Consider if you want massive amounts of air generated, or if you just need small amounts of it. The three main types of air compressors are:
1. Oil free air compressors deliver smaller volumes of air in small batches.
2. Vane compressors deliver medium volume of air at a steady pace.
3. Oil flooded screw compressors that output higher amounts of air at a consistently high rate.
Buy stationary screw compressors for your shop or factoryThese workhorses get the job done. Many screw compressor manufacturers can offer custom design and setup if necessary.
Purchase portable screw compressors to use on job sitesPortable screw compressors come in a large variety of sizes. Models range from hand-held sizes to screw compressors mounted on flatbed trailers. Portable screw compressors are available in both oil flooded and oil free models.
Consider buying used screw compressorsBecause screw compressors last a long time, it's possible to find a good used screw compressor. Screw compressor suppliers also offer many screw compressor parts. So even if you find a used screw compressor that needs some work, it should be easy enough to repair.
- Screw compressor manufacturers should provide products that are user friendly. The screw compressor should be easy to access for maintenance.
- All filters should be easy to change and should be readily available on the manufacturer's website.
- As you purchase a screw compressor, look for an environmentally friendly unit. Neither oil flooded or oil free models should damage the environment.