Screwdrivers are something all businesses and consumers need and use. Yet with so many types and just as many applications, it’s good to know where to find the right tool for the right job. Tips, grips, size and types of power differentiate one from another.
Common types of screwdriver tips include standard, Phillips, hex, cabinet, Frearson, clutch-head and square-tip. Large and heavy screws typically use regular tips, while small and countersinking screws use cabinet tips. Phillips and Frearson tighten cross-slotted screw heads while Torx tips drive six sided heads. Hex tips work with socket-set screws, clutch-head with four points of contact and square with five tip sizes for recessed screws. When ordering, consider the type of screwdriver needed for your business or consumer:
1. Buy hand screwdrivers for all around purposes.
2. Choose an electric screwdriver for more torque.
3. Get a cordless screwdriver for portability.
4. Purchase industrial screwdrivers for continuous use in demanding environments.
5. Select a screwdriver set for a combination of tips and sizes.
Find hand screwdrivers for all around purposesWhen ordering hand screwdrivers consider head type, grip and size.
Buy electric screwdrivers with different gripsChoose high or low torque and type of drive configurations that includes straight, pistol or angle.
Find a cordless screwdriver for mobilityCordless screwdrivers rank high in construction, notably for drywall to wood and sheathing. Most charge in less than an hour.
Purchase industrial screwdrivers for demanding jobsThese pneumatic industrial screwdrivers produce high speeds and torque for production and other industrial needs.
Locate screwdriver sets in a variety of bundles and casesScrewdriver sets offer good pricing with multiple pieces, lengths and some come with soft or hard cases.
- When choosing or recommending a screwdriver head size, figure the head either fills the screw slot or comes within 1/16 inch of filling the slot. A small tip easily slips off or strips the head. Oversized screwdriver heads don't reach the bottom, likewise stripping the screw head. When considering screwdrivers for sale, this is why kits make good sense for the consumer.