Suction cups are also called vacuum cups, and are very similar to vacuum pads in both form and function. Industrial suction cups attach to objects by means of a sealed vacuum, but they usually also attach to actuators, swivels and other automation devices so that they can move or reorient objects in production processes. Another common feature of an industrial suction cup is a bellows, to help it attach to irregular surfaces.
Suction cup suppliers do not all use exactly the same terminology, but here are several common types of suction cups:
1. Standard suction cup for general purpose
2. Curved suction cup for use with spherical or cylindrical objects
3. Bellows suction cup for added conformance to object surfaces
4. Square or rectangular suction cups
5. Sponge suction cup for objects with especially irregular surfaces
6. Ring suction cup to hold flat disks, like CDs
7. Oval suction cup for increased holding relative to a circular cup
8. Cleated suction cup for increased holding
Buy suction cups from quality suction cup manufacturersA suction cup supplier will usually carry a wide variety of suction cups for a range of applications. Sometimes, however, specialty vacuum cups require a more extensive search if you want to find the most appropriate suction cups for sale.
Mount your suction cupsYou'll need to mount your suction cups to your automated production equipment. Mounting types include pivot and swivel movements, which can help compensate for poor alignment, as well as spring mounting which retracts during suction. Some large pads can attach with multiple mounts.
Find custom suction cup solutions for your manufacturing needsIf you are not sure what you are looking for, some websites provided more detailed information than others to help you select the right suction cups. If you need something special, go for a company that offers custom design to meet your application.
- Suction cup tools called vacuum lifters are great for lifting anything with a smooth surface. They add a temporary handle to objects and typically feature a quick release. Consider using them if you have workers who repeatedly lift applicable objects.