You can use surface grinding machines (or surface grinders) to achieve certain surface requirements such as the level, size or finish of various components, including automobile parts and calibration gauges. A surface grinding machine is a machining center with a table that has manual, semi-automatic or automatic feed and a grinding wheel that rotates in a spindle that has adjustable heighth. A surface grinder is a handheld machine tool that does not require clamping of the component on the machine table.
Surface grinding machine manufacturers provide various types of machines based on power, size and material.
Some important parameters you must consider before purchasing a surface grinding machine are:
- Material, dimensions and weight of the component
- Tolerance and surface finish grade requirement
- Floor space available for the surface grinding machine
- Method of operation: manual, semi-automatic or automatic
Buy surface grinding machines from manufacturersYou can buy a surface grinding machine after you understand your requirements and specifications. Based on your needs, you must identify whether to buy a hand held surface grinder, a benchtop surface grinder or a surface grinding machine depending on the component size.
Buy surface grinding machines from distributorsYou can compare different surface grinders, their specifications and prices at distributors' websites.
Buy a used surface grinding machineBuy a used surface grinding machine for a cost-effective solution.
Buy a customized surface grinding machineIf standard products available in the market do not meet your requirements, opt for a customized surface grinding machine.
- Ensure proper dressing of the grinding wheels as the surface finish of a component depends on the abrasiveness of the grinding wheel.
- Use proper coolants and additives for your surface grinding machine to avoid overheating of the grinding wheels and components.
- Use proper safety devices and measures while using your surface grinding machine to avoid accidents.