The National Fire Protection Association recommends escape ladders for every occupied room above the first floor of a home or building. The portable models store easily under beds, in closets or by windows. Permanent escape ladders come in sizes suitable mainly for commercial buildings; however, some folded, permanently mounted ladders fit into the inside wall for easy access from a home.
Homes or buildings without a code specified fire escape need the safety that escape ladders provide. They come in steel, aluminum and nylon with various types of rungs and mountings. When viewing an escape ladders list of products consider the following:
1. Determine if economical, portable escape ladders suit your purpose better than permanent models.
2. Consider the type of commercial escape ladder that fits your building and budget from several available models.
3. Inquire about wholesale pricing or discounts on large orders of escape ladders.
Buy wholesale escape ladders online for extra savingsGet sizes that include two- or three-story, 25-foot ladders tested up to 1,000 lbs or a 15-foot steel constructed ladder that supports 1,125 lbs.
Go to an escape ladders provider offering many choicesLocate providers that carry fire escape ladders useful for up to five stories, 50-foot portable protection or a permanent escape ladder. Permanent ladders recess into the interior wall or attach to the outside wall with fold-up and fixed models. Some offer an added protected cage and handrails.
Find escape ladders for your commercial buildingThese ladders go the extra distance and are applicable for commercial buildings. Choose from various heights up to 300 feet.
- Measure each window size, both height/width and windowsill depth, to assure correct fitting when ordering escape ladders.
- Check out the escape ladders information for standoffs that allow separation and stabilization between the ladder and the wall. Note the storage space needed for portables and interior permanent models.