For press inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
Business.com Launches New Website, Sees Growth in Ad Revenue and Customer Conversion Rates
New site connects vendors and buyers at every stage of the B2B purchasing cycle
CARLSBAD, Calif., Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Following its acquisition earlier this year, Business.com has officially unveiled its new focus to connect business buyers to select vendors at every stage of the purchasing cycle. With over 12,000 advertisers and the largest business-to-business (B2B) affiliate network, Business.com is solidifying its position as the leading B2B performance-based marketing company.
As part of the launch, Business.com now offers five core B2B marketing products to put advertisers in front of buyers at all stages of the purchasing cycle:
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Reaches buyers actively looking to make a purchase. Also includes a logo placement for value-added branding.
- Pay-Per-Lead (PPL) Provides manually validated phone numbers and email addresses of purchasers who are comparing vendors and ready to make a purchase.
- Pay-Per-Download (PPD) Delivers advertiser-written and branded content to buyers in the research phase. Manually validated contact information is also provided for each purchaser's download.
- Display Advertising (CPM) Puts the advertiser's brand in front of millions of purchasing decision makers. Business.com also features an Audience Extension package with distribution to its premium partner network, offering a potential combined reach of 60 million monthly unique visitors.
- Directory Advertising (Annual fee) Starter package to be included in the Business.com directory.
Business.com features a concentrated audience of senior B2B decision makers and buyers actively looking to make a purchase. "Business.com is unique to other large B2B publishers, because we only target purchasing decision makers," said Chris Lee, VP of marketing at Business.com.
Nielsen reports that compared to the general online population, Business.com's users are:
- 112% more likely to make a B2B purchase in the next six months
- 86% more likely to be in senior management (compared to Google at 12%) and
- 58% more likely to be a business decision maker
"The new site is a huge change from the business we acquired (earlier this year)," said Ryan Peddycord, CEO Business.com. "Every change we made was focused around improving quality for purchasers and advertisers." The company reports the launch has been a huge success thus far. Peddycord continues, "In just the first few weeks, we are seeing significant increases in our advertiser's conversion rates. At the same time, our advertiser's CTR has more than doubled."
As part of the launch, Business.com now allows advertisers to separate traffic it generates from Business.com and its affiliate network, compared to the blended approach of the legacy ownership. "We are transparent to our advertisers with respect to our traffic," says Peddycord. "Not all of our traffic converts for every advertiser at the same rate, so we moved to a value-based pricing model. Advertisers can choose where they receive their traffic and pay different prices for sources based on the traffic's value."
Business.com was acquired by Resource Nation in February 2011 with backing from JMI Equity, a private growth equity firm specializing in Internet companies. The company has since changed its name to Business.com Media, Inc. Since the acquisition, the management team has added several new executives including Rob Canning, VP of product, previously at eBay, Chris Lee, VP of marketing, previously at Experian and Michael Conway, CFO, previously at Solera Holdings. CEO Ryan Peddycord is previously credited with driving Resource Nation to become one of the fastest-growing B2B lead generation companies.
Business.com is the premier online destination for businesses of all sizes to research, find, and compare the products and services they need to run their businesses. Millions of decision makers save time and money each month with Business.com's 50,000+ how-to guides, price comparison tools, expansive library of white papers, and leading online B2B directory. Business.com's "Purchasing Engine" assists purchasers at all stages of the buying process, whether they are just starting their research or ready to make a purchase. This creates a powerful opportunity for advertisers to get the right message in front of business purchasers at the right time in the buying process. To learn more, please visit www.business.com.
* According to NielsenBack to Press Release Library