As a business traveler, you can either select a hotel chain with the same hotel Internet access nationwide or pick a WiFi company that offers Internet solutions for hotels. When you are on the road, the last thing you need is an Internet connection you cannot use. Avoid the hassle of spending hours trying to connect at each new hotel.
Instead, evaluate the hotel Internet solutions to fit your business. Then, consider the following questions when selecting a hotel wireless Internet service:
- What hardware or software needs do your computers require to work with hotel room Internet solutions?
- What Internet speed does the hotel or WiFi company provide? Does the hotel Internet solutions offer an instant connection, not dial-up or busy signals?
- What kind of technical support is offered when things don't work with your computer?
Call before you travel and ask about hotel Internet accessOnce you find a hotel with the Internet access you prefer, it may be worthwhile to join their customer loyalty programs. That way, you can depend on their Internet services wherever you may go. As a frequent visitor, they may use the same provider nationwide or offer free services to repeat customers. Many hotels have partnered with a specific hotel Internet service providers, which may determine which hotel you use.
Look for the best WiFi Internet solutions for hotelsAs a business traveler, you may want the convenience to wander around the room as they work. Check with the hotel before booking to find out if they offer wireless access in all their rooms. Also, check the rates to see if it's included in your room fee or an additional charge.
Use kiosks for hotel Internet accessLook for hotels that have business kiosks you can use to print directions to restaurants, travel boarding passes and local business information. This can save you time on connecting with your own computer and make use of their computers and printers.
- While many hotels offer free Internet in public areas, there may be an in-room Internet solutions fee. Be sure to check the rates for hotel in-room Internet access.
- If your business trip will require the use of meeting rooms at the hotel, check to see if they have broadband or wireless connections available in those rooms.