A value added network provider hosts Internet services and exchanges business-to-business proprietary data and documents. Before the Internet, EDI value added networks (also known as VANs) provided application integration services over a leased communication line. Providers today must service global supply chains and trading partners.
EDI value added network suppliers must provide basic translation, encryption, storage and data conversion and transport. But to demonstrate value for their customers, VAN providers also offer extra services such as automated B2B communications, improved processes and management reports.
To offer EDI compliance to your customers and affiliates, consider the following options:
1. Look for value added networks offering ecommerce, EDI and other translation formats.
2. Opt for EDI value added network vendors with web services.
3. Find EDI VAN service providers with transaction delivery networks and management.
Look for ecommerce value added networks for EDI complianceSecure B2B trading partners with EDI compliance from value added networks. While smaller partners find VAN services expensive, getting ecommerce services between multiply formats not only improves operation processes but can secure trading relationships with larger supply chains.
Start with EDI value added network vendors with web servicesB2B integration and other EDI transactions cost less with EDI value added network vendors on a web browser, versus using complex software with VAN monthly fees. Web services providers offer simple packaged services across general industries with minimal integration options.
Get value added networking from transaction delivery networksVAN service providers now offer managed encrypted transactions, custom applications and adaptive plug-ins to service more specific processes and industries. Transaction delivery networks provide Internet platforms to manage proprietary data end-to-end more securely than web services.
- Your value added network should provide fundamental features such as error modifications, encryption, availability and response guarantees with certification and conversion options.
- Ask about integration and application services such as data storage and translation, as well as directories and database access.
- Look for trading partner services such as funds transfers and EDI transmissions storage and auditing.