Online sellers, retailers and vendors who desire saving money on overstock merchandise can find the deal they are seeking by finding liquidators online. The liquidators sell overstock goods from retail stores at prices lower than retail. Businesses themselves often offer overstock sales or they sell the overstock merchandise to a liquidator.
As a business interested in large quantity overstock items, you will find the best savings on quantity purchases from a liquidator. These overstock items are sold by the lot, pallet or truckload. Purchasing more items will most likely reward you with the best price per piece. Finding the best deals on overstock items means that you might want to consider:
1. Asking for discounted pricing on the overstock items you are interested in
2. Keeping in communication with the liquidator of overstock items you want
3. Purchasing overstock merchandise in extreme quantities
Buy overstock items in large quantitiesPurchasing by the truckload requires a large payout up front but makes your per piece cost much lower than an individual purchase or even a pallet order. Many times, the pallets on the truckload consist of a mix of items. The large purchase rewards you with the best assortment of items. Purchasing by the truckload is a good idea for heavy or bulky items where the cost of shipping would be exaggerated.
Save money on overstock merchandise at closeout auctionsCloseout auctions combine the service of product liquidation with the cost incentives of an online auction. Run just like any other auction, the winning bidder gets the loot. Pay attention to the quantity of items in the lot you are bidding for.
Find sales on overstock itemsEven liquidators offer sales. The best way to find the sales is to keep in contact with the desired liquidator. If you are interested in smaller quantities of an item, seek out businesses that sell not only to consumers but also sell wholesale to other businesses. Often, these companies handle the sales of bulk overstock items themselves. Because the merchandise passes across fewer hands, the pricing is more favorable for both sides.
- Pay special attention to an overstock liquidator's purchasing information. Some companies require a minimum purchase amount.
- Do not forget to consider the costs of shipping or freight when selecting your overstock purchase.
- Ebay sellers should consider the benefits of saving money on overstock by choosing a liquidator that offers dropshipping.