Supply chain management publications may range from explaining the basics of supply chain management to focusing on case studies of good and poor examples of SCM.
Supply chain management is the management of the production process. Consider these parts of the supply chain management process, and you'll be more easily able to find SCM articles. In fact, for each of these steps of supply chain management, you can find a supply chain management journal uniquely devoted to it online. Here are the five steps of supply chain management:
1. Plan your supply chain strategy. This requires that you have systems in place to monitor your materials. Read supply chain publications for ideas.
2. Choose a source of raw materials for manufacturing and set up a strategy to maintain a good relationship with your source.
3. Manufacture your product, making sure you have ways to measure and monitor quality, output, and productivity.
4. Deliver the product to your customer. Some call this step "logistics."
5. Have a way to manage the return of defective products. This step may also fall under the title of "logistics".
Get supply chain articles about how to plan your supply chainSeveral online supply chain management publications focus solely on strategies for planning the supply chain process.
Find supply chain magazines about getting materials and manufacturingWith everything moving toward globalization, materials and manufacturing receive a good amount of coverage from each online supply chain management magazine. However, there are several supply chain publications devoted to these issues.
Find logistics supply chain publicationsWithout a doubt, you can find more supply chain magazines devoted to logistics than any other supply chain topic. Although logistics generally covers the process of delivery and returns, some supply chain magazines on logistics include articles on manufacturing as well.
- Supply chain management publications cover specific pieces of the supply chain management process. Target your searches to the right supply chain publication.
- Look over supply chain magazines online before committing to a subscription. Although most supply chain magazines have good content, you do not want to subscribe to content you find too specific for your purposes.