Investment firms in Canada seek qualified candidates who have a background in business and finance and exposure to hands-on experience. Canadian asset managers keep track of client assets to ensure the business is functioning properly. Potential Canadian investment managers, along with Canadian investment managers who work in the industry, can benefit from training and education courses to sharpen skills.
For employment in Canadian investment firms, a diploma, certificate or degree in investment management in necessary and hands-on experience through a reputable internship program is advised. As you consider employment in Canadian investment management firms, you should:
1. Enroll in education courses that provide the proper background for a job in an investment company in Canada.
2. Intern with an investment management agency in Canada for essential hands-on training.
3. Attend conferences and seminars that address the needs of asset management companies in Canada to keep up with trends in the industry and to network with other Canadian investment firms.
Enroll in courses geared toward careers as Canadian asset managersA background in finance and business is essential for a position in Canadian investment firms. Courses in investment and asset management, coupled with knowledge of Canadian regulations is essential.
Intern with a Canada investment management firm for hands-on experienceHands-on experience is an asset when you seek employment with Canadian investment management firms. Apply for internships with asset management companies in Canada that are a good fit with your unique needs.
Attend seminars and conferences that address the needs of asset management firms in CanadaConferences and seminars offer an excellent way to stay up-to-date with trends in Canada investment services. They also offer many networking opportunities with other Canadian asset managers.
- Become a member in The Investment Funds Institute of Canada for benefits that include free programs, services and networking opportunities.
- Sign up for conferences and seminars yearly to stay up-to-date on the latest trends in Canada investment services.