Residential real estate careers can be a hot bed of activity. People will always need a place to live, so residential real estate jobs are a viable option. And some potential business owners are taking advantage of that fact by focusing their efforts on residential real estate employment opportunities.
Residential real estate careers can involve property management, sales, finance or support services. Putting together the right team of real estate professionals can mean the difference between success and failure for a business owner. Achieve your best chance for success by focusing on building that dream team for your residential real estate firms. Possible areas of concentration include:
1. Real estate agency or brokerage
2. Careers in residential real estate property management
3. Careers in residential real estate financing
4. Title agency or escrow company
5. Home inspection or real estate appraisals personnel
Establish your brokerage by creating jobs in residential real estateIn the most basic form, a real estate agency or brokerage would require residential real estate jobs in sales, management and office support. The most visible members of the team would be the real estate agents or brokers. Another important aspect of a real estate agency is the administrative assistant. In smaller operations, this person would handle most of the back office duties and administrative tasks.
Promote work in residential real estate property managementResidential real estate careers in property management are multi-faceted and can be as general or as specialized as you like. Property management involves marketing properties, collecting rent, acting as tenant liaison and addressing maintenance issues. This type of operation requires a jack-of-all-trades and some specialized personnel.
Explore finance opportunities in a residential real estate careerMany avenues exist within the real estate lending arena; a career in residential real estate finance is an exciting and ever-changing position. Opportunities can be found as a mortgage broker, analyst, underwriter or consultant.
- The National Association of Realtors website offers insight into residential real estate jobs and makes a great starting point for those interested in making a change. The advantages, requirements and starting points for various real estate careers are discussed in detail.