Litigation case management software helps law firms and corporate legal offices manage their case loads by tracking and calendaring deadlines, providing accounting features and clocking legal time billing. Fortunately, when it comes to legal case management software, law offices have a myriad of choices, ranging from integrated state-of-the-art legal software systems for those larger law firms to simpler, more cost-effective solutions for the sole practitioner.
The pricing and costs of legal case management software depends on many factors, including:
1. The number of timekeepers in your office that will be using the case management software.
2. The features offered by the case management software system.
3. The available platforms in your firm or office that can utilize the particular legal software.
4. Ease of integration with other systems already in place at your firm.
5. The need for ongoing technical support.
Choose a web-based litigation management software system to cut costsFor basic litigation support and document management, choose web-based law practice management software. Web-based programs allow you to avoid IT costs and rarely require the installation of software or hardware. Web-based legal software programs are usually available for a reasonable monthly fee in the range of $75 to $100 per month depending on the services and features you choose.
Find case management software providers that offer package dealsTo lower the pricing and costs of legal case management software, look for those legal case management software suppliers that offer package deals. Legal software providers that offer discounts on purchases of more than one product or offer deals on technical support plans purchased for more than one year can save your firm hundreds of dollars.
Pick litigation case management software programs that can be easily upgraded as your needs requireTo ensure that you do not purchase a legal case management system that will one day fall behind the curve on all the latest legal developments, you will need litigation case management software program that is easily upgradeable. Many of the more popular case management software providers offer regular and affordable upgrades to allow your software to stay current with all the developments in the law.
- While many case management software providers may offer a low base price, when you start adding different features such as additional users, integration modules or spell checkers, the price may go up significantly.