Unfortunately in today's marketplace piracy in the media and entertainment industry is becoming a fast growing problem. According to media piracy statistics the number of those who steal and then illegally copy pirated material is growing steadily.
Follow these suggestions to protect your work from piracy:
1. Become a member of an organization that protects and educates its members about piracy in the media and entertainment industry.
2. Educate yourself about copyright issues and protect your work by copyrighting it according to the specific guidelines for your area of the media and entertainment industry.
3. Report any issues of illegal copying to the proper sources.
Join agencies that fight to protect copyright issues in the entertainment industryThere are many agencies and organizations that specialize in protecting their members from entertainment and media piracy. You can register your work with these organizations. If you have any problems, many of them either have legal teams or can provide you with information to get legal assistance.
Learn about copyright law so that you can protect your work from illegal copyingEducating yourself about copyright law is one of the best ways to protect your work from piracy in the media industry. There are websites that can help you find information about copyright issues in the entertainment industry and help you to find a lawyer, if you need to consult one.
Protect your work by having it licensed to protect it from media and entertainment piracyHaving your work properly licensed is a great way to protect it. For those in the media and entertainment industries this is especially important since according to entertainment piracy statistics, piracy in the entertainment industry is on the rise.
- Learning as much as you can about licensing your work, copyright law and statistics on media piracy, which can help you protect your work from piracy in the media and entertainment industry.
- There are specific guidelines for each area of the media and entertainment with regard to licensing and copyright law. Learn what those guidelines are to protect your work.