If you need to acquire plastic extrusion equipment for your manufacturing business, thoughts of your ability to afford it may enter your mind before anything else. Plastic extrusion machines pricing and costs take into account many factors like capabilities, features and brand name. With lots of names to choose from like Cincinnati, Killion, Gloucester and Davis to name just a few and prices that range from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands, you definitely need to perform your own due diligence.
The price you pay for a plastic extrusion machine also depends on whether you plan to buy or lease your equipment. Keep in mind that pricing for this type equipment is available by quote that will include specific manufacturing requirements. Actually, plastic extrusion machines pricing and costs are only available by individual quotes from manufacturers, since there are numerous industries that use this equipment for various applications, material, various temperature ratings, sizes and more variables. However, this guide focuses on three methods of acquiring plastic extrusion machinery:
1. Buy industrial plastic extrusion machines brand new.
2. Purchase used plastic extrusion equipment for your business.
3. Lease plastic extrusion machines for your manufacturing facility.
Invest in off-the-shelf or custom-built extrusion machines for your businessPurchasing brand new extruding machines will typically cost more than either buying used equipment or leasing. Depending on what you need, you could pay in excess of $500,000 for new plastic extrusion machinery. If you decide to buy plastic extrusion machines, ensure your annual and long-range budgets can handle the strain and that you can still handle payroll and all your day-to-day operational costs. New equipment purchases will require some extra legwork on your part since manufacturers and providers of new plastic extrusion equipment don't advertise prices online.
Purchase used plastic extruding machines for your businessIf you've decided that owning your own plastic extrusion machines better serves your company's interests and bottom line more so than other options but cost remains an issue, consider used equipment. Used extruders will provide you with trusted brand-name equipment that's broken in and will enable you to improve or increase your production rates and quality without having to buy a brand new piece of equipment.
Consider leasing your plastic extrusion equipmentKeep your budget intact by leasing extruder machines rather than purchasing them outright. Leasing is typically considered the most cost-effective method of acquiring equipment. Some of the benefits to leasing include a quicker application process, potential 100% tax deduction, freeing up cash for other operational expenses, easier equipment upgrades or add-ons, the option to own, fixed rate terms and no down payment.
- When determining plastic extrusion machines pricing and costs, don't forget to figure in freight and shipping costs. These heavy pieces of equipment will definitely cost a pretty penny to get into your facility.
- When setting up financing when you lease or buy plastic extrusion machines, ease the financial burden on your company by checking on the feasibility of rolling in soft costs related to the plastic extrusion equipment like freight and shipping, installation, training, hiring, software and maintenance.