The primary purpose of residential mailboxes and office mailboxes is to provide a safe and secure environment for your incoming and outgoing bills, your correspondence and yes, even your junk mail. But it doesn’t have to end there. Choosing the right mailbox design, style and variety to suit your surroundings, your needs and even your personal style is sure to change the way you view your mailbox.
Both office and home mailboxes come in a range of designs and varieties, so it's important to ask yourself the following questions before deciding on your next residential or office mailbox:
- Is security an issue?
- What are my local postal regulations for home mailboxes and office mailboxes?
- What design is best suited for my particular needs?
Safeguard your personal information with locking mailboxesBoth residential and commercial locking mailboxes can be equipped with features which discourage theft, vandalism and tampering. Heavy-duty materials, high-strength construction and high-security mounting hardware all may be found in locking mailboxes. If peace of mind is what you're looking for, you may want to consider purchasing a locking mailbox.
Take into account your local postal regulations on mailboxesAlthough most commercial and residential mailboxes sold are approved by the USPS, it is important to remember that other factors, including the placement of curbside mailboxes, the condition of post-mounted mailboxes and proper address identification on outdoor mailboxes, must be considered.
Chose the right design among mailboxes for saleCommercial mailboxes factory direct may be sold as free-standing roll-abouts, mail chests and horizontal or vertical box units, just to name a few. Designs for home mailboxes include column mailboxes, wall-mounted mailboxes, post-mounted mailboxes and mail slots.
- Considering making your own mailbox? You'll need to get approval from your local postmaster.
- Check with your local postmaster before altering or modifying your USPS approved mailbox in any way.
- Consider a more durable design and construction for outdoor mailboxes.
- Want a custom mailbox design? Buy your mailbox, address plaque and post separately for a custom look.