Ferrous metals are iron-based materials such as cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, cast steel and more. Ferrous casting refers to shaping liquid ferrous metal into forms by pouring it into molds, dies or patterns.
You can work with ferrous metals and alloys while they are hot or cold and at different speeds. Metalworkers have used ferrous metals for centuries, and the metals now have many industrial applications.
1. Order custom ferrous castings from companies that specialize in pipes and tubes, valves and other products made with ferrous metals and alloys.
2. Work with companies that specialize in carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron and other ferrous metals.
3. Connect with longstanding ferrous casting suppliers that have a widely respected reputation in order to feel secure that you're getting a great product.
Find ferrous metal casting distributors for your industryWhen you work with companies that specialize in your industry, you'll find expertise a cut above the rest. Whether you're in the concrete mixing, petrochemical or fire protection industries or some other industry in which you use ferrous castings, you'll find companies to work with.
Consider basing your ferrous casting production on manufacturers specializing in materials you needSome companies specialize in working with a particular metal alloy for any industry that needs it. If you want to make sure that a company has the best ferrous casting expertise, find one that specializes in ferrous metals.
Check out the quality of a ferrous casting company before doing businessIf a record of long and well-respected experience means more to you than anything, take a look at ferrous casting companies that have served clients for decades. You can be confident that your product will be excellent when you trust the company that makes it.
- When you order a ferrous casting production job, make sure to get detailed, exact ferrous casting material specifications stating the materials, dimensions and quality of work the company will deliver.
- Make sure companies that supply ferrous castings have an ISO certification awarded within the past six months. See whether the companies have any other types of quality-control certifications.