Whether your company manufactures automotive parts, industrial products or anything in between, finding the right manufacturing equipment can make or break your business. Thanks to the Internet, finding the right manufacturing tools and process equipment is easier than ever. With the click of your mouse, you can access hundreds of industrial equipment suppliers who sell the fabrication machinery you need. By shopping for manufacturing equipment online, you can:
- Easily compare prices on manufacturing tools and equipment.
- Save money by purchasing from vendors who offer pre-owned process equipment.
- Improve productivity by zeroing in on any specialty industrial equipment you need.
Find manufacturing equipment vendors onlineTo locate the best sites where you can buy fabrication machinery, use manufacturing equipment databases.
Find suppliers of manufacturing equipment at ThomasNet, where you can search by product, location or company. GlobalSpec provides a comprehensive database with links to suppliers of manufacturing equipment and consultants. TheMachineryFinder.com has a tool that allows you to browse different types of manufacturing tools and locate dealers of both new and used equipment. Need some more advice on finding manufacturing equipment? Kramer Industries offers an interactive “Shop Talk” discussion board where you can post questions, receive feedback, and chat with others about manufacturing equipment and fabrication machinery options.
Look beyond U.S. borders for industrial equipmentSometimes, the best deals on fabrication machinery are available from international sellers.
For online sources of process equipment and machinery from China, visit Alibaba.com or B2BManufactures.com.
Look for used manufacturing equipment to cut costsPurchasing pre-owned industrial equipment is a great way to save money without compromising on quality. You can buy nearly new industrial equipment from sellers who no longer need them, have an overstock or have decided to upgrade.
Industrial Machinery offers parts and service, as well as a list of hundreds of new and used machines in a number of categories. Browse an extensive directory of new and used machine tools, machinery and industrial equipment at Surplus Record Machinery & Equipment Directory, featuring over 1,000 businesses. Federal Equipment Company offers buying, leasing, consignment sales and liquidation and has an easy online catalog so you can find what you need by category.
Place your bid on manufacturing toolsOnline auctions are a sure bet for saving some money on new or used industrial equipment.
From industrial machinery to lab equipment, GoIndustry lists worldwide live auctions on manufacturing equipment for a number of industries. Browse the Used Equipment Marketplace at Bid On Equipment for some great deals. You can also check the global auction calendar for upcoming sales of industrial equipment at DoveBid or check the equipment being auctioned at Auction-USA.com.
- Look for vendors who specialize in the specific type of process equipment you need. Most vendors deal with a specific industry.
- When purchasing from international vendors, ask about warranties on new and used fabrication machinery and find out if repairs can be done locally or if the product needs to be shipped back to the manufacturer. If it needs to be shipped, ask who pays for shipping costs.
- If you are not ready to invest in an expensive piece of manufacturing equipment, look into the possibility of leasing.