You'll need medical stethoscopes if you operate a medical clinic, a private practice or any type of healthcare facility. Doctor stethoscopes, hospital stethoscopes and stethoscopes used by nurses or private caregivers vary according to need.
A medical stethoscope's style and manufacturer’s brand can vary in size, weight and in the materials that make up the stethoscope. Stethoscope suppliers often offer great deals on discounted stethoscopes.
Whether you order for a medical office or individual use, consider the following:
1. Hospital stethoscopes used in different medical practice specialties can vary greatly in price. Cardiology doctor stethoscopes, for example, are generally more expensive than all-purpose medical stethoscopes.
2. Different materials used in making medical stethoscopes include stainless steel, titanium and acrylic. Weight of medical stethoscopes varies according to their material. Natural rubber latex, dry natural rubber and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) are also used. Consider any allergy concerns that the person using the stethoscope may have.
3. Suppliers of stethoscopes often offer engraving or other types of personalization on medical stethoscopes. Personalization not only adds flair, but also serves a useful purpose in helping doctor stethoscopes, for example, to stay with their respective owners.
Size up the patients that the doctor uses his doctor stethoscope onPediatric stethoscopes are different than adult stethoscopes. Medical stethoscopes used on infants are even smaller than regular pediatric-sized ones.
Consider digital doctor stethoscopes with dual heads and different lengthsDigital medical stethoscopes come in various lengths and colors.
Select stethoscope suppliers ready to satisfy your stethoscope needsDifferent stethoscope suppliers offer different brands and specialty stethoscopes. Some stethoscope suppliers offer discounts on certain multiple orders.
- Electronic stethoscopes use a microphone along with low-noise amplifiers. They pick up the slightest sounds that are normally inaudible.
- All-purpose (and less expensive) medical stethoscopes are fine for hearing heart and breath sounds and for monitoring blood pressure. Nurses, medical assistants and private home healthcare professionals often use these basic stethoscopes.
- Medical stethoscopes often come in bright colors that add personality and cheerfulness to the overall look of healthcare professionals. Many pediatrician's offices and medical clinics often order colored medical stethoscopes to match the color scheme of the office or clinic.
- Some medical practitioners prefer medical stethoscopes in longer lengths. This way, the stethoscope hangs around the neck with more security and less chance of falling off when the healthcare worker leans over while working.