As gourmet coffee and tea sales have skyrocketed, so have the sales for biscotti increased. Consumers can buy gourmet biscotti at their local supermarkets these days so they are very familiar with the product, which makes it easier to sell in your establishment. There are many biscotti wholesale opportunities on the market to keep your costs down.
Biscotti are a healthier snack choice when it comes to cookies. A large 90 calorie cookie is a better option for health-conscious consumers than a fat-laden muffin or croissant. You can capitalize on this by selling all natural biscotti alongside double dipped chocolate biscotti to give consumers more options.
1. The hard texture of biscotti cookies make them ideal for dipping, so it is easy to sell it as an add-on with a cup of coffee or tea.
2. Biscotti can be attractively displayed in boxes or baskets at registers to facilitate purchase.
3. Biscotti come in mini sizes as well as many different flavors so you can easily offer a wide variety to customers.
4. Individually packaged biscotti increases the likelihood of consumers purchasing the cookie to take home.
Think about using private label biscotti manufacturersPrivate label means that biscotti producers will manufacture biscotti with your company's name brand on the label. Many retailers think that private labeling products sets them apart from the competition. Private labelers can design a product wrapper for you or you can provide them with the label that you want on your customized biscotti.
Look for a biscotti manufacturer who will allow you to mix and match casesUntil you know which flavors your customers will buy most often, you'll want to try different varieties. Finding biscotti distributors who will allow you to mix and match cases will help in this endeavor.
Contract with local bakeries to buy biscottiNothing says gourmet the way that homemade does, so find a local bakery willing to make gourmet biscotti for your shop. If that isn't feasible in your neighborhood, there are plenty of gourmet biscotti and Italian biscotti bakeries who will ship their homemade products to you.
- Although almond biscotti is the traditional way biscotti is made, you can get them without the almonds. Providing nut-free biscotti cookies is a great way to add to your customer base.