Used military vehicles are an excellent option for commercial businesses requiring heavy-duty or off-road vehicles. Power line companies, construction contractors and logging companies are a few businesses needing heavy-duty vehicles that are easily maintained with readily available parts, at a price that doesn't break the budget.
Military truck parts are generally readily available. You may have to search harder for little-used parts, and a military vehicle parts distributor can help get you what you need.
Keep these facts in mind when purchasing military vehicle parts and equipment:
1. Military vehicle spare parts will frequently be labeled "New Old Stock," or NOS. This means the parts are new rather than having been pulled off an old vehicle.
2. Most tools you will need to work on a military surplus vehicle are the same ones you would use on your own car. A specific tool will be noted in the vehicle's manual.
3. Military vehicle spare parts labeled "TO" means that the part was a "take-off" or "take-out." The part is available separately. This is normally acceptable, as it is not severely rusted or damaged.
Consider buying used military vehicles and spare parts by Internet auction or sealed bidUsed military vehicles and used military equipment are frequently sold by auction, either on the Internet or by sealed bid.
Buy military vehicle parts onlineMilitary vehicle parts and equipment are frequently in the hands of citizens, and tracking down what you are looking for off-line can be a real challenge. The perfect answer is a website that gathers information on all military truck parts available, with an uncomplicated means of contacting the sellers.
Locate used military equipment distributorsInformation about used military vehicles for sale from distributors will help you narrow your choices in used military vehicles and military truck parts. Some distributors specialize only in vehicles or parts.
- If you are planning on making several purchases of used military vehicles or military vehicle equipment, ask about volume or wholesale pricing.
- Be cautious about bidding on military surplus truck parts or vehicles at an auction. Do your research and ask lots of questions in order to minimize your risk and expenses. Ask business owners with experience in military surplus auctions for their advice.