Boats and boating accessories are still big business with enthusiasts who live for their time on the water and for the wealthy who continue to demand more luxury and bigger boats. Whether you are looking for a side gig reconditioning and selling used boats or want to join the ranks of boat dealers, it is a good time to get into the business.
The boating industry is ripe for new and creative investors. Boats, boating accessories and boating equipment continue to sell at every local boat show and in boat dealerships nationwide. With good marketing and solid lead development, savvy investors can find a boating community ready for innovation and excitement.
1. Become a boat trader and learn to recondition the boats yourself
2. Find the right location on land and online to sell boating supplies and boating equipment
3. Tap into a wealthy clientele looking for higher end boats
Flip used boats and have fun doing itThe boating industry is seeing a glut of used boats for sale as the economy suffers. Boats are often luxuries that middle class boaters let go of first. As a boat trader, you can find some great deals out there right now. Pick up the boating deals, and use the boats for your enjoyment as you refurbish them.
Open a retail shop for boating accessoriesSet up shop in an area where the boating equipment shops are scarce. Many seaside tourist areas on both coasts have long stretches of boating areas with no good complete boating accessories shops. Larger, corporate boating companies tend to stay in highly populated areas, leaving areas near boat dealers and marinas ripe for new businesses.
Feed the need of wealthy clients for bigger and better boats with a luxury boat dealershipAs the wealthy class continues to grow, they are looking for boat dealers whom they can trust and go to for advice and for upgrades. Join with luxury boating companies to sell their latest and greatest. There are some really innovative designs and models on the market now that your clientele may have only seen at a boat show or read about in a boating news article.
- Stay away from boat dealers if you are looking to buy used boats. They already have a huge mark up on the price.
- Prepare to deliver the luxury yacht in person to your customer. Give them the white glove treatment and supply the champagne and flowers for the maiden voyage. Wealthy clients appreciate extreme customer service.