Calculators are all the same, right? Most business users need simple math functions like adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and percentages. Simple calculators that perform these operations are 4-function calculators. There are many different kinds of calculators; some are small and portable, run on batteries and others use solar power.
Adding machines had been around for about 100 years, but were big and bulky until the 1970s when electronic calculators were developed. Now, there is a great variety of products available.
Scientific calculators are capable of scientific notation, statistical and trigonometric functions, among other tasks. Graphic calculators have a larger LCD screen and are able to display graphs based on algebraic equations. Use the Internet to find the right business calculator for every purpose.
Types of calculators:
1. There are battery-operated or solar power portable calculators for business users on the go.
2. Desk calculators with paper and LCD screen are ideal for people that crunch numbers.
3. Scientific or graphic calculators are important for engineers and professions that need advanced math functions.
Find a reasonably-priced business calculator for general office useCalculators are useful for business people who need to do quick math on the road. For the accountant who does a lot of adding, size and portability is second to usability. The capacity to print output onto paper with the office calculator is beneficial.
Buy graphing calculators and scientific calculators for specialized needsSome calculators allow the user to input and return answers that include fractions as well as the traditional decimal numbers. Your company may need scientific calculators if you employ engineers and mathematicians.
Use calculators as promotional items and corporate giftsCalculators come in a variety of bright colors and imprinted with your company's logo for a relatively low cost. These are great incentives for potential customers and serve to increase visibility for your company's name. Slightly more expensive calculators can be personalized with a customer or employee's name to be given as a special gift.
- If you use your office calculator quite often, both at your desk and away from the office, buy two or more. Keep a larger one at your desk and another smaller one in your car or briefcase so you'll have access to it.
- Decide what is important for each user: portability, ease of use, sturdy reliability, or maybe specialized functions not found on most business calculator.