Laminating machines protect important or frequently used documents and can be used in small companies or major corporations. Laminators can help you save money by eliminating the need to recopy or reprint documents that have not held up. Lamination machines are great for businesses that regularly print items, such as ID cards, maps or menus. And laminators are a crucial piece of equipment for companies that produce VIP passes and backstage passes for concerts, sporting events and other events.
The advantages of using laminating machines go beyond durability. For instance:
- Large format laminators can protect colors from fading on posters, signs and banners.
- You can add value to the printed piece you are producing for customers by sending it through laminating machines.
- Laminating documents protects them from moisture, dirt and stains.
- Laminating documents and ID cards reduces the chances of tampering.
- Add a variety of finishes to paper with gloss, matte, satin or textured lamination film.
- Improve color, contrast and clarity of images by sending them through lamination machines.
Pouch laminating machinesThe most popular laminators on the market, pouch laminating machines are compact - 4-inch and 12-inch models are the most common. With pouch laminating machines, you place your document between two pieces of heat-activated film that are cut into a pre-sized pouch. The pouch is then passed through the laminator, which has rolls to sandwich the item that's being laminated. Small format laminating machines are perfect for offices that only use lamination for ID cards or small photos.
Roll laminating machinesRoll laminating machines have two rolls of film that sandwich the item that is being laminated between the top and bottom rolls of film and heat seal the item. The plus side of using roll laminating machines is that they can be used continuously without reloading the film for many documents at one time.
Large format laminatorsLarge format laminators are usually roll laminating machines that allow you to laminate large posters and banners. You can laminate very long items with continuous rolls of film.
Adhesive laminating machinesRather than heat-sealing documents into lamination film, adhesive or cold laminating machines use sticky film to sandwich paper between the two pieces of film.
- Cold laminating machines can be safer to use for inexperienced people since they don't require heat and cannot cause serious burns.
- Keep in mind that some laminating machines don't work with every thickness of film.
- Lamination film thickness is measured in millimeters.
- Opt for adhesive laminating machines for images that are heat sensitive.