Employers are providing ergonomic bench workstations to their employees in an effort to both comply with government workplace regulations and to reduce the number of days employees lose from work because of injuries related to their jobs. Most states now require that businesses attempt to reduce the number of workplace hazards or face costly penalties. Part of any company’s loss prevention policy is to identify how the company may help its workers avoid carpal tunnel syndrome and musculoskeletal injuries, which stem from using equipment and working in areas not designed to reduce stress and fatigue.
The design of an ergonomic bench provides maximum worker comfort. Workers may adjust the height so that they are not straining to reach surfaces and tools. Because workers do not have to strain, they feel less fatigue and end up increasing their productivity. Find out what kind of ergonomic bench works best in your company and why so many business owners are creating ergonomic workstations.
1. Buy an electric ergonomic bench with easy to adjust table heights.
2. Opt for a cost-efficient fixed height ergonomic bench.
3. Build your own ergonomic bench based on your company’s operations and facility limitations.
Choose an ergonomic bench with electrically powered height settingsThese ergonomic benches have a push button method for adjusting the height of the table.
Select an adjustable ergonomic bench with fixed table heightThough less expensive, these fixed height ergonomic workbenches still offer heavy duty construction. You can set different table heights manually.
Find ergonomic bench providers who help you design your own workstationsConsider your company's operations-mechanical, manufacturing or electrical-along with the space limitations of your facility.
- Contact an industrial equipment supplier for general ergonomic bench information and a manufacturer's ergonomic bench list of adjustable height and fixed height workstations.
- Though expensive, ergonomic benches are built to last with fully-welded steel construction. They also require minimal maintenance.