It's hard to find a more basic piece of work furniture than an office desk. But desks come in almost infinite variety - from executive desks to reception desks to pods -- with price tags to match. Setting up a new office and want to buy a high-quality desk affordably? Or do you need to buy a group of desks for employees? Before you choose the least expensive desks, make sure they're going to be durable and ergonomically sound. A cheap desk is not a deal if it breaks your back or falls apart. By outfitting your business with good office desks you can:
- Have a workspace that's exclusively yours and help make your employees productive.
- Maintain good ergonomic health.
- Project a professional image to your employees and customers.
Ask for quotes on office desksTo get a feel for what's available - and sate your desk desires with little effort - have vendors respond to your needs.
Shop where the office desks areBig-box office supply stores are everywhere, and in addition to paper and pens, they sell a wide range of office desks, both functional and decorative, from executive desks on down.
workstation furniture on Business.com.
Watch for liquidation salesPick up cheap executive desks, office desks or reception desks from going-out-of-business sales.
Check with movers for surplus office desksWhen a business goes bust, it needs to move its possessions out of the building, which brings moving companies into the picture, some of which sell liquidated goods on their own.
Buy used office desks onlineIf you only need one office desk or two, a search of the obvious online sites always yields good finds. Specialist firms sell used office furniture, as well.
Keep your eyes openUnfinished furniture stores are good sources for an office desk for a home-based business (and for bookshelves, tables, chairs, etc.). If you really want to save money, try a Salvation Army store, a local used furniture store or even a garage sale.
these models, you get a great story to tell along with your executive desks!
Take it for a test-sitNo matter how much you feel like a bigshot trying out executive desks, if you can't work comfortably, you won't be productive.
- Make sure desk drawers open and close smoothly while empty and while weighted down. Check how far they slide out to make sure you can use most of the space.
- The edges of office desks show the most wear, so test them (carefully) to see whether they resist chipping.
- Choose a non-reflective surface to reduce glare and eyestrain from office desks.
- When assessing executive desks, look for a top with deep overhang so everyone will have room for their legs in a conference.