Business portal software can help any business get the most out of its web presence. Whether you have a corporate site, an ecommerce site, an intranet or an extranet, portal software solutions are designed to pump up its functionality.
Portal software programs give you the power to better manage your web content, build a loyal community through social networking, implement advertising and marketing campaigns and streamline your ecommerce processes. In addition, corporate portal management solutions give you the tools necessary to create a web presence where employees, partners and customers can access data and collaborative tools.
When shopping for a portal software solution, consider the following:
1. Business portal software features and functionality.
2. Page design, content management and publishing portal software programs.
3. Team collaboration tools in corporate portal management solutions.
4. Business portal software programs with customer self-service.
Business portal software features and functionalityPortal software solutions provide the tools to create and add endless functionality to your intranet, extranet or website, including team collaboration. Examples include photo galleries, FAQs, calendars, catalogs, chat, document sharing and management, contact management, e-commerce, e-learning, customer self-service, email list management, forums, conferences, news and newsletter publishing and archiving, polls, reservations and more.
Page design, content management and publishing portal software solutionsMost business portal software programs includes self-publishing tools that allow you to design layouts, apply styles, add content and provide navigation as well as publishing to the web.
Team collaboration tools in corporate portal management solutionsPortal software programs can provide an online environment where geographically dispersed teams can collaborate by sharing documents, calendars and other project resources.
Business portal software solutions with customer self-serviceEnabling portal software solutions that can add customer self-service to your website can keep your business doors open 24/7 even if no one's in the office.
- Before choosing a portal software solution, ask to see client implementations.
- Define your business goals before you buy business portal software.
- When implementing corporate portal management solutions, build out your portal in phases, adding new features and functionality as the site expands.
- Determine how many users will be accessing your portal immediately and in the future and make sure your portal software programs can scale to handle the traffic.