Ring binders come in handy for a number of business uses, such as collating media kits or storing back-up copies of company transactions. And presentation binders are a must-have for many client proposals. Think traditional three ring binders are your only option? Wrong! A host of other ring binder designs are now available, as well as custom binders. When selecting ring binders, consider the statement you are trying to make. Covering your ring binders in leather or your company logo, for example, can instantly transform them from a simple storage item into an eye-catching promotional tool.
Before you purchase ring binders:
- Determine the best ring binder size for your business materials.
- For promotional pieces, consider presentation binders and custom binders with a unique cover design.
- Choose among loose leaf binders, two ring binders and three ring binders.
Get basic ring bindersLoose leaf binders, two ring binders or three ring binders - all of these styles can be used to store paperwork related to your business.
Try custom binders and presentation bindersIf you'll be giving ring binders to potential clients as part of a promotion or as a proposal, invest in custom binders and presentation binders. Custom binders can feature your company name, logo or an image to make an impact. And custom presentation binders with specialty covers, such as leather, can add to your company image.
Consider the 'rings' in ring bindersThe actual rings in ring binders also come in a variety of styles, each with its own pros and cons. For example, ring binders with straight or slant D rings will hold more paper than binders with the more familiar circular rings because the paper within is forced to lie flatter.
Choose 'green' ring bindersRecycled ring binders may not be as snazzy as other commercial versions, but they are just as durable and can cost less than other styles.
SustainableGroup offers three ring binders made of recycled, corrugated cardboard in three different sizes, along with a variety of other recycled office supplies, including notebooks and folders. Green Earth Office Supply offers more ring binder options, like recycled vinyl binders and recycled circuit board binders.
- Custom binders and presentation binders can make a lasting brand impression on clients.
- Three ring binders with D rings can accommodate more paperwork.
- A variety of vendors sell ring binders, so don't limit yourself to a store that sells office supplies.
- Use index sets and index tabs to keep the information in your three ring binders organized.
- To preserve important documents stored in a ring binder, use sheet protectors.