Amex is absolutely intent on being much more to small business than a credit card company. And to prove it the company just launched SearchManager, the latest in its fast-growing suite of both free and fee-based small business tools that already includes online invoicing(AcceptPay), insurance shopping(InsuranceEdge) and international money transfer(FX International Payments). SearchManager is an online tool that lets you manage your entire search marketing (paid search) effort in one place, thus taking a complex task spread among multiple websites and putting it all in one simple place.
Amex has aligned the new offerings as part of something the company has dubbed "Booming," which it defines as "using a system of cards and digital tools from American Express OPEN to help your business realize its full potential."
Search engines are an increasingly influential resource for customers looking for products and services, and small businesses are spending more every year to advertise online. According to the latest Forrester Research Interactive Marketing Forecast, search advertising leads the pack among interactive marketing tactics and will grow 15 percent annually.
But technical barriers, time constraints and the perception that search advertising is too expensive and complex has kept many small businesses from exploring the opportunity and utilizing search management technologies to improve their online results. SearchManager's set of straightforward tools helps take the complexities out of pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and provides small businesses easy management across ad networks.
The new Amex service, which starts at $49 per month, offers single-point access to all major search engines, including Google Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft AdCenter, as well as Facebook Ads. By eliminating the hassle of multiple logins and interfaces, SearchManager aims to help business owners manage their campaigns more effectively. SearchManager includes these features:
- The "Pro" version is a self-managed solution for business owners who are currently doing search advertising but are looking for a simpler way to manage bids via a centralized dashboard.
- SearchManager Assist includes the same benefits as Pro, but also helps small business owners fully outsource or jumpstart their online marketing with the help of a dedicated PPC consultant to manage their campaign.
- From a single dashboard you can see a summary of campaigns including key metrics and summary actions, with an analysis of results and advice on potential improvements.
- SearchManager also offers feedback and analysis of campaigns as well as alerts. This includes information about bids, budgeting, and advice on optimizing ad copy.
- By using the tool's reporting capabilities you'll know exactly where your search campaigns stand.
- SearchManager offers users help via phone, live online chat, and in-person assistance.
Amex OPEN is offering a 30-day free trial, which includes full access to all features.