Who knew that simple boxes could have so many important uses in your business? Packaging boxes and shipping boxes are essential to most companies. Without them, your goods might be damaged while in transit to customers - and that wouldn't be good for business. Retailers can benefit from retail gift boxes that make a strong marketing statement. Boxes also come in handy for storing files, documents and other materials. With hundreds of suppliers and box configurations, you have a dizzying array of choices when it comes to packaging boxes, shipping boxes, retail gift boxes and storage boxes. To zero in on the right boxes for your business:
1. Determine the types and sizes you need most in cardboard boxes or plastic boxes.
2. Analyze your shipping volume to determine if you should be buying shipping boxes in bulk.
3. For shipping boxes, consider the fragility and weight of the products you're sending.
4. Select retail gift boxes that fit your company image.
5. Choose storage boxes designed for the items you're storing.
Go to the specialists for shipping boxes, packaging boxes and storage boxes
For the widest variety of shipping boxes and storage boxes, go to shipping supply providers and packaging suppliers. These retailers offer cardboard boxes and corrugated boxes for bulk cargo, hazardous shipping, mailers, storage and more.
Look for cardboard boxes in special sizes
Just because cardboard boxes in basic sizes are the cheapest doesn't mean they'll be the most economical for your business. If you send items that are tall or flat, choose cardboard shipping boxes that are designed specifically for those types of items - they'll protect your products and will eliminate additional and costly packing materials needed to fill boxes that are too big for your goods.
Choose custom cardboard boxes
If the cardboard box sizes you need aren't readily available, look for a custom box supplier that offers custom shipping boxes, custom packaging boxes and custom storage boxes.
Get free shipping boxes from FedEx or UPS
Cut costs by ordering free shipping boxes from the major delivery services. Of course, you'll need to ship your products using that shipping service to take advantage of the free boxes.
Find cheap cardboard boxes
Opting for gently used boxes can save you lots of money if you do high-volume shipping.
Select retail gift boxes
Many upscale retailers use retail gift boxes to wrap and protect purchases. Retail gift boxes can lend an air of distinction to your products. They can also boost your marketing efforts if the retail gift box is re-used for gift-giving.
Source product packaging boxes
Make a great first impression with shoppers; get product packaging boxes that will move your product off the shelves.
Consider plastic boxes
Plastic boxes are often ideal for business storage and shipping needs. Plastic protects materials during shipping and long-term storage.
plastic boxes at Business.com.
- Buying shipping boxes and packaging boxes in bulk can reduce costs, but make sure you have adequate space to store them.
- If you need shipping boxes only infrequently, look for vendors that have low minimum quantity ordering requirements.
- Reorder cardboard shipping boxes and packaging boxes, including retail gift boxes, before you run out so you always have adequate supplies on hand.