Rubber caps are often used in painting and powder coating applications where a threaded stud or protrusion must be masked. Rubber caps are also used to prevent sharp ends on rods, shafts, bars and other metal and plastic components. Because of rubber's pliability, rubber caps are used as an alternative to plastic caps when covering rough or odd shapes. The medical industry also utilizes rubber caps in various applications.
Rubber caps are made from a variety of materials, including silicone, neoprene, nitrile, EPDM and polyurethane. Many applications require their rubber caps to be heat and chemical resistant. Rubber caps can often be used more than once. When purchasing rubber caps, consider the following:
1. Order silicone products from rubber cap distributors for pliability and heat resistance.
2. Buy EPDM rubber caps when covering or masking oddly shaped ends.
3. Use rubber flange caps for easy application and removal.
4. Place an order with custom rubber cap manufacturers for sizes not commonly available.
Buy silicone rubber capsSilicone rubber caps are often used during painting and powder coating applications. Silicone caps are extremely pliable and can withstand very high temperatures. Because they can typically be re-used, silicone caps are a cost-effective option.
Purchase from EPDM rubber cap suppliersEthylene propylene diene M-class rubber, commonly referred to as EPDM rubber, is an ideal material for rubber end caps. EPDM rubber caps easily fit over threads, pins, studs and tube ends to prevent sharp ends. This type of rubber cap is also adequate for paint masking applications.
Use rubber caps with flanged headsRubber flange caps, also called safety caps and mushroom caps, have large flanged heads for easy application and removal. Flange caps are ideal for masking off threaded studs during painting applications. These rubber caps can also be used to alert workers of hard-to-see rods and bars.
Contract custom rubber cap manufacturersCustom rubber cap manufacturers have the ability to fabricate rubber caps based on your specifications. By contracting a custom manufacturer, you can select the best diameter, length, material and color for your applications. This option is ideal for businesses that require abnormally large or small rubber caps.
- Silicone and EPDM rubber caps both offer excellent heat and chemical resistance, but the level of tolerance varies by manufacturer. Verify the individual cap's heat resistance to ensure it's adequate for your high-heat application.