Handling your payroll can be a real drain on time, resources and cash. Pennsylvania payroll can be especially difficult to process because of the array of local taxes and their withholding requirements. Payroll companies in Pennsylvania can assist you with business payroll in Pennsylvania and free your time for more productive tasks.
There are a multitude of payroll services in Pennsylvania. Some things to consider when choosing a solution:
1. Payroll processing in Pennsylvania requires compliance with local tax laws;
2. A Pennsylvania payroll service that offers other business solutions will reduce your workload;
3. Timeclocks that interface with your payroll system simplify management.
Handle local taxes on your Pennsylvania payrollPennsylvania's Act 511 law allows municipalities to set their own taxes. Many municipalities charge an earned income tax and a local services tax to employees who work in Pennsylvania. Employers in Pennsylvania must register with their Earned Income Tax Administrator and withhold the appropriate local taxes. Collecting these taxes and getting them to the right tax bureau can be a headache for small companies, since employees may reside in different municipalities. Payroll services in Pennsylvania should have a good understanding of local taxes.
Get a one-stop solutionAre your accounting and human resources tasks taking a lot of your time? Payroll companies in Pennsylvania can help. Look for payroll companies in PA who offer additional services in bookkeeping, accounting and/or human resources.
Integrate a timeclockA timeclock can help you reduce tardiness and manage your employee reporting more easily
Look for extra services with payroll companies in PAEven if you're using Pennsylvania payroll outsourcing, you may still have to deal with time-consuming tasks like stuffing envelopes, transmitting taxes and reconciling your accounts. Look for companies that can do the work for you.
- When evaluating Pennsylvania payroll service providers, look for ones that have longevity and a good track record. Get recommendations from colleagues and check references thoroughly.
- Make sure the company has security and confidentiality methods in place.