Headsets for telephone networking provide big benefits to your business. Telephone headsets enable employees to multitask efficiently. With hands free headsets, employees can work on the computer, take copious notes or locate files across the room while talking on the phone. Headsets for desk phones eliminate the need to put callers on hold, resulting in superior customer service and improved employee productivity.
In addition to added efficiency, headsets for telephones provide physical benefits and a better working environment for your employees. Studies show that hands free headset use decreases muscle tension by 41% because telephone headsets enable free movement of the head, neck and shoulders. Headsets for telephone networking also reduce the strain on hands resulting from holding the telephone for an extended period of time.
Before purchasing your headsets for telephone networking, do some research about the headsets, including:
1. What type of headset can best meet the needs of my employees and increase business productivity? What features should I look for in a hands free headset?
2. Where should I purchase headsets for telephones, and what type of services do telephone headset providers offer?
3. Are telephone headsets a smart financial investment for my company? How much should I expect to pay for headsets for telephone networking?
Research telephone headset featuresTo find the best telephone headset for your business, do some research to determine optimal features, including headset model, quality and style. For private office use, select a voice tube model; for common area use, choose a commercial grade, noise-canceling headset. Evaluate your preference for over-the-head or over-the-ear styles, as well as monaural (one ear receiver) or binaural (two ear receivers).
Select reputable telephone headset providersChoose an authorized telephone headset provider that offers a variety of telephone headset options. Before making a purchase, talk with customer service representatives about your specific hands free headset needs. Be sure to ask about product warranties and return policies.
Compare prices for telephone headsetsTelephone headsets are a smart investment for your business because they increase employee productivity. But make sure you are making a smart purchase decision. Compare prices between several providers of hands free headsets to get the best value for your money.
- Be sure your telephone headset products meet government standards. Ask suppliers of telephone headsets to provide documentation that your hands free headset meets OSHA's certification standards.
- Know the difference between consumer grade headsets and commercial grade headsets. Consumer grade headsets are usually priced $50-$100. They are appropriate for personal or family use, but are not recommended for business application.