Wireless telecom site management is an important part of expanding or building your wireless network. More than just building telecom towers themselves, it encompasses maintenance of the tower and the site and can generally be broken down into these three areas:
- Wireless site acquisition to purchase or lease the real estate to build the tower
- Telecom tower development to prepare the site and actually build it
- Cell tower maintenance which keeps the tower in operating condition
Find a company experienced in wireless site acquisitionThere are several companies that handle cellular site acquisition. This is good news for you. If you take the time, you should be able to find a company with which you feel comfortable doing business.
After the cell site acquisition, you must maintain the site itselfSome companies help in the site acquisition process itself, some will help maintain the site, while others do both. If the company that helped you with the cell site acquisition does not manage the site itself, consider a company that will.
Choose a telecom tower maintenance company to keep the tower in peak conditionAnother thing you need to consider with wireless telecommunications site management is repairing and maintaining the tower itself. The site maintenance company keeps the real estate pristine and may work on the tower itself, but there are some companies that only repair towers.
- Find a company that has experience in both cell tower site acquisition and leasing/buying cell towers. You might save money by buying an existing tower.
- If you already own a cellular site, a company experienced in wireless telecommunications site management may be able to sell it or find someone to lease it.
- Make sure you have someone on staff who can communicate with the engineers and technical personnel of the company you hire. They can interact with them and help manage their projects.