Whether you are launching a new product, attempting to change your image, developing an ad campaign or just trying to reach your audience in a fresh way, hiring public relations agencies for technology promotions is a great idea. Firms that specialize in high-tech thinking have a better understanding of the tech industry than typical public relations agencies.
Technology PR firms are becoming more necessary as electronics and Internet marketing expands across the country and into the homes of the general public -- your audience. The professionals can assist you in setting up the right campaigns to keep your business growing.
By learning how to choose the best people to work with, your business can:
1. Expand editorial coverage using technology. Public relations agencies help you get the most from your dollars.
2. Increase sales by improving your website and adding high-tech advertising to your marketing plan.
3. Excite customers and employees with increased company awareness and new perspective. Technology PR agencies have the knowledge and allow you to show your potential.
Identify your technology public relations needsDecide whether you need help with one project, multiple one-time projects or ongoing marketing campaigns. Begin to have conversations with various public relations agencies for technology advice and questions.
Look at local and national technology public relations agencies closelyExamine the firm in terms of size, price, number and quality of staff, previous successes and their general understanding and willingness to work with your specific business. It's okay to judge the firm based on how well you get along with its employees--you'll work with these people closely for too long not to let that be a factor in your decision.
Consider PR software to help you market your business or productMany technology PR agencies use software to assist in planning, staying on budget and tracking progress. A tech agency should be up to date on current trends and programs, so don't be afraid to ask what they use and what it can do for you.
Develop a technology public relations and marketing planBuild customer loyalty by integrating new technology with traditional advertising and marketing strategies. Ask about cell phone advertising, website partnerships and other cross-promotional strategies to strengthen your current plan.
- Incorporate your logo and contact information in every piece of your technology PR firm's campaign. With technology comes ease in finding information -- make sure your customers can find you.
- Start with a small project if you are concerned about using a new technology PR firm. Remember that these agencies expect they will have to work for your approval, so don't be afraid to start small and let them work their way into your business plan.