Creating an attractive printed catalog that effectively showcases your company’s products has several advantages. Catalogs can significantly increase your sales revenue and better serve your customers. They are more convenient for new and existing customers, allowing them to refer back to specific items and making it easy for them to order products from you.
Catalogs can also be a helpful tool in growing the size of the market for your products. They easily hand out at trade shows or directly mail to customers interested in what your company has to offer.
The main advantage of catalogs for your business:
- They can help your business develop a new customer base
- They show your existing customers your full range of products
- They are an effective selling tool that will lower your sales costs -- publishing catalogs brings in leads.
Create your own catalogs in-houseCatalog building software can be useful for companies that want greater control over their catalog printing. It allows you to publish customized catalogs for individual customers, especially tailored for their needs and providing up-to-date pricing for your products.
Have an experienced catalog publisher create a catalog for your companyMost catalog printers will provide first-rate samples of your catalog for your approval. Catalog publishers will also offer a range of options, including custom sizing, different coating options, and a choice on binding.
Consider utilizing a catalog consultant to critique or consult on your catalogCatalog consultants can critique an existing catalog or suggest ways to make your first catalog printing a rousing success.
- Take large, clear pictures of your product for your catalog. Remember, your product is the star and the better it looks to the customer, the more they will want it.
- Create concise product descriptions for items in the catalog. Make sure each description is different and captures the essence and function of the product. You can use testimonials from satisfied clients and other material to enhance your descriptions. If your company has a website that features your products, you can adapt those descriptions for your printed catalog.
- Many catalogs open with a letter from the founder or company president. Be sure to make this section informative and suitable for first-time buyers and long-time customers.