Giving away calendars to customers (or prospective ones) is a great way to keep your company's name in the spotlight 365 days a year. But since it's such cost-effective advertising, many companies do it; you need a calendar that stands out in either form or function, so yours won't be thrown straight into the round file.
A calendar that is used by customers will:
- Also advertise to your customer's customers if it's prominently displayed
- Remind customers of important business-related dates or promotions
- Provide a means to deliver coupons or other advertising
- Create a tradition if the calendar is unique. Every year you want customers to eagerly await YOUR calendar.
Pick your formatCalendars come in many styles: wall hangers, weekly planners, desk cubes, keyboard stickers, refrigerator magnets. Pick a style you think your customers will want to keep in view.
Do it yourselfUse desktop software to create a professional look yourself.
Order from a promotions companyIf you want to go with a basic design and stock photography, ordering from a promotions company may be the easiest and cost-effective route.
Get 'em printedYou can get end-to-end service from printers, starting with design help.
- Consider hiring a local photographer. The photographer may also do design or will know somebody who does to make the graphics look great as well.
- Instead of stock photos or pictures of your town in different seasons, putting your employees in the calendar is a great way to generate publicity and get the whole company involved. Keep it fun but tasteful.
- Free gifting. Encourage customers to give the calendar away to their customers.
- Check out the competition. See what they're doing and make your calendar stand out.
- Keep it functional. Make sure there's enough space to write notes and mark important dates.